What is a Cam Lock? The quick and basic answer is a little lock that has a “Locking Cam” appended to the back. They arrive in an assortment of sizes, shapes and designs and costs from about $.80 for a little mechanical cam lock to $150.00 for an electronic variant. Where have you seen or utilized a them: tool kits, letter drops, vehicle glove compartments, candy machines, gaming machines, work areas, cupboards and storage spaces, to give some examples.
That is a great deal of data in a couple of sentences. Allow me to clarify this somewhat further. The Locking Cam on the back of the lock is the locking instrument and typically made of steel that can be straight, balance or have a snare. It can truly have any plan so when the key is embedded into the lock and turned the locking cam will bolt or open whatever it’s mounted on.
The following is a rundown of some mainstream cam lock styles:
- Single Bitted – this is the place where the key is cut on one side
- Double Bitted – this is the place where the key is cut on different sides
- Tubular – this is the place where the key has a round or cylindrical plan
- High Security – these are cam locks made by CobraLock, Abloy or Medeco and have a lock and key plan that hold a U.S. patent
- Electronic – the lock and key are electronic which give a lot more elevated level of safety
Cam locks are exceptionally adaptable. They can be made out of various sorts of materials and come in various setups and sizes ans security levels how to install a cam lock. I will show a portion of the significant highlights underneath:
- Can be made of steel, treated steel, metal, zinc compound and plastic
- Come in sizes going from 3/8″ to more than 2″ long
- Can be developed so the lock center is removable
- Can turn either left or right, either 90 or 180 degrees
- Multiple measurements can be made (the standard is ¾”)
- Can be keyed the same, keyed extraordinary or expert keyed
- Can be made in electronic renditions
As should be obvious, this lock is likely quite possibly the most adaptable at any point made. Throughout the long term, the plans have changed and advanced, the materials have improved and the security has expanded. One thing has continued as before; all cam locks work a locking cam: this is the meaning of a cam lock.